Ultra Bond Adhesion Promoter
THE STUFF THAT HELPS IT STICK!
Ultra-Bond Adhesion Promoter by The Real Milk Paint Company is mixed at a 1 part of Ultra Bond to 4 parts of Real Milk Paint. Add 25% Ultra Bond to the liquid milk paint. IMPORTANT: Add Ultra Bond to mixed milk paint. For example, each Quart ( 32oz ) of milk paint would require 8 oz of Ultra Bond. More Ultra Bond can be added for difficult surfaces. Always do a test for compatibility and allow 24 hours to dry. Ultra-Bond Adhesion Promoter is a concentrated No Odor Water base Binder in water; it is non-toxic and releases no VOCs. When combined with Real Milk Paint ® it will give greater adhesion to non-porous surfaces and previously painted surfaces, such as ones painted with our non-toxic paint.
Be sure to visit or informative how-to article on How to Apply Real Milk Paint ® on Unknown Surface
PROMOTES ADHESION OF REAL MILK PAINT® TO:
- Surfaces previously painted with Milk Paint®
- Glass, metal, and some plastic surfaces, including melamine
- Previous painted sound surfaces
- Lacquered, shellacked, varnished surfaces
- Oil base polyurethane, water base polyurethane
- Color: white, dries clear
- Consistency: viscosity of skim milk, thickens when added to milk paint
- Solubility: water miscible
- Odor: sweet smell, no odor when dry
- Dry time: approx. 1 hour
- Stability: stable
- Shelf life: 1 year
- Toxicity: non-toxic
- Surface should be clean of any wax, grease or silicone residue. Clean with TSP or other non-residue cleaner.
- Scuff/sand the surface to promote mechanical adhesion.
- Mix 1 part Ultra-Bond to 4 parts liquid Real Milk Paint ®. Apply this as the first coat.
- Paint remaining coats with unadulterated (pure) Real Milk Paint ®.
- Always do a test and allow 24 hours to dry before full application.